Sunday, May 24, 2009

Hello Houston

I'll be heading to Houston in a couple of days - it's a city I've never visited before (although my entire family decamped to Dallas a few years ago). I'll be the Wine Wizard of Wine and Food Week at the Woodlands in Houston, that starts on May 26th and runs through the end of the week. (By the way, I have no idea about the derivation of the title or if I'll be given a star-covered robe though I've sent my measurements for same in the hope one may be forthcoming ...)

I do know that I will be holding a mini-Champagne seminar, participating in a luncheon discussion called "Ladies of the Vine" moderated by the terrific Pat Sharpe (the award-winning restaurant critic of Texas Monthly) and signing my book, Educating Peter. There will be all kinds of tastings and dinners throughout the week with locally and nationally (and globally) notable winemakers and chefs. The website (www.wineandfoodweek.com) provides details and I'll be posting from Houston later this week.

No comments:

Post a Comment